Spring Internship 2019
We will begin accepting applications in early spring.
Join our Newsletter or follow on Instagram to be notified when this position is available.
We’re looking for an organized, enthusiastic, and creative individual to join our studio this spring. We are located in Laurel Park, North Carolina, about 45 minutes southwest from Asheville.
T A S K S & R E S P O N S I B I L I T I E S :
• Managing raw inventory (paper and envelope stock)
• Prepping print orders (counting and organizing raw inventory)
• Completing print orders on an antique letterpress machine (we’ll teach you how to print!)
• Packaging completed orders and preparing for shipping
• Brainstorming and executing marketing strategies (social media, email campaigns, and physical materials)
• Assisting with post-job tasks (photographing the work, filing it away)
• Assisting with project management (updating spreadsheets and binders)
• Running occasional errands (mostly to the Post Office)
• Helping with basic press and studio maintenance (press and ink clean-up, sweeping, emptying recycle bins, oiling the press, general tidying)
C O M P E N S A T I O N & E X P E R I E N C E :
• Hourly wage or college credit for 4-6 hours of work per day
• Learning how to operate a letterpress machine (setting up a job, mixing ink, printing, troubleshooting, etc) and occasional opportunities to print personal work (outside of internship hours, depending on scheduling and press availability)
• First hand observation of how a small business art studio operates
R E Q U I R E D S K I L L S & Q U A L I T I E S
• Friendly, professional, and creative personality
• Organized and high attention to detail
• Interest in learning letterpress, project management, and small business operations
• Willingness to complete tedious or unappealing tasks with a smile
• Reliable transportation and punctuality
• Neat and professional appearance
D E T A I L S :
• Shifts will be once a week, 4 to 6 hours per shift
• Begins in early spring, ends late spring.
H O W T O A P P L Y
• Fill out and submit the Application
• Email a brief cover letter and resume (both in PDF format please) to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Spring Internship 2019.”